You look at the mirror and try to fall in love with the image staring at you, but it is difficult. Why? Your skin is not glowing. Ouch! It hurts, eh? Well, you can do something about that. What?
For your colour to truly pop, you need an antioxidant daily moisturizer. Antioxidants can do your skin a whole lot of good by protecting it from damage and revitalizing it. With antioxidants as your moisturizer, you can glow effortlessly.
Antioxidants are simply minerals and vitamins that occur naturally, like green tea, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C, which help protect your skin from radicals. Radicals are harmful substances in your environment that can destroy your skin. These substances can harm the general function of the body and skin. However, with antioxidants, you can efficiently remove the free radicals from your skin.
Aging is a reality that hits hard, and if you want to combat those wrinkles and signs already showing, you must pay attention to antioxidant moisturizers. However, it is not enough that you just moisturize, you must do it consistently. By using antioxidants as moisturizers both day and night, you allow it to become more effective and sink appropriately into your skin to help it gain stability.
Types Of Antioxidants
- Vitamin C: Boosts collagen production and fades dark spots
- Vitamin A: Accelerates cell repair and renewal
- Vitamin B3: Improves skin tone and texture
- Polyphenols (found in green tea, fruits, vegetables): Improves skin defence against oxidative stress
- Coenzyme Q10: Enhances skin texture and elasticity
Benefits Of Antioxidants Daily Moisturizer
Antioxidants have various benefits both to your skin and your general health. It reduces oxidative stress related to heart disease, immune deficiency, stroke, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions.
Reduces Signs Of Ageing
Oxidative stress prevents a natural process for the repair of hair. It also causes inflammation and breaks down collagen. The effects of all these manifest in loose skin, fine lines, wrinkles, acne, and a dull skin tone. When you use antioxidants, it corrects the visible aging signs and radiates a more youthful look. This is a natural way for you to remedy your signs of aging.
Prevents Skin Damage
Antioxidants carry anti-inflammatory properties that help you to blunt the response of your skin to harmful sun rays. This way, it prevents sunburn and works as a sunscreen to protect your skin from possible damages. If you’ve had any issues with photoaging, antioxidants would help you keep it under control.
Hastens Skin Repair
Inflammation has a way of preventing your skin from getting renewed. When antioxidants reduce inflammation, it assists your skin in repairing itself and also serves as means of correction of any damage. If you use antioxidants like Vitamin C, it would improve collagen production and make your skin fresher.
Brightens Skin Tone
When exposed to too much exposure from the sun, it triggers some negative changes in your melanin production. This makes your skin tone uneven and builds up dark spots. Antioxidants reduce photodamage by preventing all abnormal skin pigmentation that might be happening in your body. If you use an antioxidant like Vitamin C as a moisturizer, it will work as an enzyme that would enhance melanin production.
Why You Should Use Daily Moisturisers
Reduces Skin Problems
One of the major reasons you have skin problems like acne is that your skin is too dry or too oily. When you moisturize, it gives your skin the perfect moisture and makes it difficult for problems to surface. When you choose to moisturize consistently, you make your skin better.
Covers Skin Blemishes
Moisturizers help in concealing your skin’s blemishes. With an antioxidant moisturizer, you make your skin sheen in a way that even it out. If you want to have an even skin tone, moisturizing is an act you must be truly committed to doing.
Soothes Sensitive Skin
Daily moisturizers help you to soothe your skin especially when it gets easily irritated, dry or itchy. Your skin requires extra care and attention which an antioxidant moisturiser offers.
What Is The Right Way To Moisturise Your Skin?
Before you choose an antioxidant moisturiser, you need to ensure that it would work well for your skin. These steps can help:
- Test the moisturiser by placing a small amount of it on your skin, then wait for about two days to see if it reacts badly. Also, check for ingredients that can cause irritation especially chemical exfoliants, take note of the fragrance and preservative to avoid allergic reactions. If it doesn’t react to your body, you can purchase it.
- Choose the moisturiser meant for your skin. There are ideal formulations that are meant for your skin, these are the things to look out for. The moisturiser that oily skin requires is different from that of dry skin. Make sure the ingredients are the ones suited for you.
- Cleanse your skin before you apply the moisturiser. Use the antioxidant moisturiser while your skin is still moist so it can be effective. When you use it this way, the moisturiser locks in hydration.
- Pat your skin gently as you apply your moisturiser. Think of it as a similar experience with applying makeup. Make sure you don’t apply too much moisturiser, it has the same effect regardless of the quantity. If you put too much, you would only waste the product and money. Just make sure you apply the moisturiser evenly. The skin patting should be gentle to avoid possible irritation of your skin.
- Use a facial oil or a facemask with oil after moisturising to make your skin-pop. You can choose a facemask with coconut oil, olive oil, honey, egg yolk, carrot etc. Take note that you don’t use any of these as an alternative to using moisturisers. However, if your skin is oily, avoid facial oil and settle for other dry alternatives such as lemon and cucumbers.
Also read: 5 Benefits Of A Body Scrub
Although your confidence should indeed come from within, who says you should forget about your appearance? Before anyone gets to know what you have on the inside, they pay attention to your looks first – especially your face. You just have to moisturize daily and take care of your body so you can stare at your reflection and smile. You can be forever young by getting an antioxidant daily moisturizer today!