10 out of 10 times, yes, do underarm waxing. Here is why:
Shaving your armpit, despite its safety, requires diligence and takes time. Besides, the process would require you to bend your neck and all that might tell on your body later.
Worse: despite the inconvenience, you won’t rid your armpit of all its hair. So, what’s the point of stressing?
By the way, you can avoid the whole procedure by substituting waxing for shaving. The former is way better than the latter.
So, does that mean underarm waxing is effective and fast? How about pain-free?
Waxing uses heat to remove armpit hair at the base. Thanks to that process, your underarm will look neat. The best part: waxing is fast.
But we have to warn you, waxing can be excruciatingly painful, especially when you are getting one for the first time. More importantly, you have to engage an expert like Skin Apeel for help. That is only when you will get long-lasting and fast armpit cleaning.
What more should you know?
What Wax Is Best For Underarm Waxing?
Generally, you can use two kinds of wax for clearing your armpit – soft and hard wax. Regardless of which type you eventually choose, know that they both deep-clean the skin and leave your underarm neat and hair-free.
So, back to the question: there is no best wax for underarm waxing, really. It all depends on your preference. How so?
- If you can withstand hard wax solidifying on your body and the removal process, stick to the option.
- But if you desire a less painful method, you can choose soft wax. It doesn’t solidify on your body. Most importantly, the removal process requires the use of skin-friendly paper strips.
Are There Any Risks To Waxing Your Armpit?
Again, waxing is not a pain-free process. Regardless, it is worth every bit of the pain because of its long-lasting results. And about pain, it even depends on the length of your hair. Then, there is your esthetician. Does he understand waxing?
In any case, the inconveniences of waxing subside over time and how often you patronize a spa. But if you have never waxed, here are a few complications you can expect:
- Redness of the skin
If you experience any of the listed signs, don’t fret. For example, bleeding isn’t any worry. Indeed, you might see blood on your body; it is the usual theme for first-timers.
Also, if you suffer burns, apply ice immediately. Most importantly, don’t use deodorants until the burns have cleared.
Overall, know that the changes you see happen because your skin is reacting to the pulls. Moreover, the complications only last a few hours to some days.
Note: once your skin complications after waxing exceed a few days, check with your doctor. Another similar concern is pus-containing blisters; if you see those, consult your health providers fast.
Does Everyone Suffer The Complications Of Waxing?
The answer depends on the complications, really. If the highlights are burns and redness of the skin, then yes, everyone who waxed would experience that.
Equally, you should know that the degree to which people experience waxing side effects varies from one person to another. Generally, people with sensitive skin often suffer the most complications of waxing.
So, if you have sensitive skin, it might be best to inform your hired expert first before waxing. And if you can’t withstand the pain, you can always find less painful methods of armpit hair removal. But for those, we can’t assure that you’d get fast and effective results like with waxing.
Again, it’s okay if you can’t undergo waxing. It might not even be fit for your condition to start. What condition?
What Conditions Are Not Suitable For Waxing?
- Ingrown cuts or hairs – are the short and stubborn hairs that refuse to go off. If you have these inhibitors, they will increase your skin sensitivity. Worse: the hair can be hideouts for pus and infections.
- Medications – like acne, antibiotics, and birth control: these chemical substances might alter your bodily functions and ultimately work against your waxing. For those reasons, steer clear of wax till your medication is complete. But you can always seek your health provider’s advice first.
- Menstruation – during your period as a lady, your body is on an overdrive of hormonal activity. As such, it might be best to delay your visit for waxing. Else, your enhanced sensitivity might cause lots of skin complications.
- Pregnancy – like menstruation, your hormones are all over the place when you take in. In other words, this period won’t be ideal for waxing – be it soft or hard.
And until your baby is cackling and the hormonal imbalances are over, waxing might be unsafe for you.
Outside the listed conditions, you should be able to wax your underarm. And if you decide to do armpit waxing, we will advise you to do it correctly. How?
The tips below will help:
Tips To Help Get The Right Underarm Waxing
The ultimate tip that will assure you of the perfect armpit waxing is “going pro.” If you would wax, then we say do it professionally at a spa.
Equally, we understand that selecting the perfect spa can be work in itself. So, let’s narrow it down for you:
- Choose a spa with experience in all forms of waxing,
- Choose a spa that understands and performs various exfoliation procedures, and
- Choose a spa with reviews that resonates with quality and customer service.
You can even narrow the whole journey down by choosing Skin Apeel. We are experts in both soft and hard waxing. And we have been bringing smiles to our clients’ faces for over a decade now. We sure can replicate the successes we have had with you too!
But first, we need a few things from you before you visit:
- If you could clean and trim your armpit hair a bit, that would make our work faster.
- Before waxing, ensure you stay away from alcohol and caffeine. When you do, your pores will loosen up. That way, we would have a perfect base to wax your skin effectively.
- Like alcohol and caffeine, don’t use deodorant. Mind you: we don’t mean “never;” skip your deodorant for only the day you plan to wax.
- Prepare your mind for a slightly painful process. Waxing can be that thorough. But then, you can get help from over-the-counter pain relief. However, ensure you take that 30 minutes before we wax you.
- Your approval to tweeze the waxed area; tweezing can be extremely painful. So, we need you to approve it first before we can perform the procedure on your underarm.
- Lastly, avoid sun exposure to waxed areas for at least a day after waxing. Also, steer clear of any exercise that might cause profuse sweating.
Appropriate the listed tips, and we can assure you that our experts will deliver your best waxing experience yet. Check in today and book your appointment!