How Many Times Should I Be Washing My Face?
When you are not in the hands of our Boca Raton Spa expert facial team, you are the boss of your home skin care regimen. One of the most common questions asked is how often we should be washing our faces. The answer is not as simple as just defining a number; this isn’t a one size fits all type of situation.
Expert opinions are split over this commonly debated hot topic. Some Doctors claim that everyone should wash twice daily, sometimes a third wash is necessary if you have worked out or participated in an activity that caused you to sweat or if you have worn large amounts of makeup. On the other hand, many other dermatologists insist that patients with dry or sensitive skin should only cleanse at night, washing away the dirt and bacteria collected during the day.
Many variables come into play when cleansing your face. It’s important to educate yourself on proper face washing to prevent premature sagging and wrinkles. Read the tips below provided by the Boca Raton Spa to get a better understanding of how often you should wash your face.
- If you have extremely oily skin, you should be washing morning and night. In the morning it will remove bacteria and dirt gathered throughout the night. In the evening be sure to remove all makeup before cleansing.
- If your face is dry, once a day is better for you, Preferably in the evening.
- Over washing can cause irritation and extreme dryness. Avoid harsh products and over exfoliating.
Bonus Tips to Washing Your Face from the Boca Raton Spa
- Remove all makeup before washing your face.
- Great products are available at our Boca Raton Spa.
- Overwashing can cause irritation and extreme dryness.
- Avoid harsh products and over exfoliating.
- Wash with luke warm water and a dime size amount of cleanser.
- To prevent skin problems, remember to always wash your face after a workout!
- Try to find products with ingredients Cocamidopropyl betaine or caprylic triglyceride.
- Purchase a cleanser for your specific skin type.
- Cleansing in the shower is a great idea; the steam can help soften the oil in clogged pores
Avoid the biggest face-washing mistakes by checking out this Women’s Health Magazine. Now you have a better understanding of the factors that come into play when deciding how often you should wash your face. Remember that results are always enhanced when combined with regular facial services from our Boca Raton Spa.